Friday, November 16, 2007

11.16.07 - rock and roll

I'm at the show as we speak... and I'm real glad that I travel with ear plugs. Even when i was into this scene I wore ear plugs all the time because I realized after playing in bands for a year that I had already lost hearing (my ears constnatly ring) so... ear plugs are essential.

My trip up was uneventful... except snow. I felt like I was in that cheesy windows screen saver with the stars while I was driving. You forget once you get outside of the Columbia area that the rest of the world isn't as multi ethnic. I walked into a Sheetz in Phillipsburg PA to grab some grub after I got gas and the lady was very friendly to the few costumers in front of me smiled, spoke to them... and she kept glancing at me... and then when I came up she didn't speak to me or make eye contact. I wonder if she thought I couldn't speak english or something.

Anyway... so besides feeling to old to be here at this show, the only one without girl pants and a scenester haircut... I'm asian... I can't believe just a few years ago I thought I wanted to be in a the rock and roll business. anyway... on to the pics.

This is Nate... he's the singer for this band Kaeolyn. He used to be in the band that I was in a few years ago.

rock and roll square format.

alone

haha thats prolly gonna be it for pics this weekend, i'll be back in MD sunday.
jim baker

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Enjoy the weekend. Bring back more pics.

hb said...

coooool. i love the pics. and maryland.

clara yoon said...

i like the last picture. and yes, the graphic on my blogpost i created, it was pretty weak, haha i was bored. what's the thing with being tagged?

Jim Baker said...

thanks everyone for the comments. :)