Thursday, November 15, 2007

new lens? new york.

hey everyone...

i'm leaving for NY tomorrow... upstate... doing some work up there (nevermind it just got canceled) and also visitng friends. I'll do my best to update while i'm up there. I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot tonite or not, I might show you what I pack when I travel for the weekend...

i'm also looking at buying a new lens before i leave (to hawaii not to NY)
i think i'm going to buy the
Canon 70-200L f4


I don't have anything that is telephoto, my longest lens is 105mm and I think this will give me the best bang for my buck... I know all of the purists out there would tell me to go for the 2.8 but its double the price and I don't have that kind of money right now... so lighter, two stops slower (shouldn't be a problem if i'm shooting outdoors) and half the price... I'd rather have some reach than no reach when I get to hawaii.


I'm also thinking about buying the 250d close up 'lens' which is just a filter for my 28-105 so I can do macro shots. I'm assuming that there is going to be a lot of nice flora in hawaii so I need something to do macro.

I've also decided to stop shooting raw+jpeg for right now... the only reason I was shooting raw before was so I could get that vignette but Michaela showed me how I can get that with a jpeg too... we're shooting ALL raw in SOP...

jim baker
(all photos taken from amazon.com)

3 comments:

JStanford said...

nice stuff. Have a good time and let me know when you get back!

Lisa Christine Photo said...

Hey Jim--
I do the majority of my shooting with prime lenses. I just love them!... I have a 50 1.4 and 85 1.8
Have fun in NY!

Jim Baker said...

jeff i'm back.

lisa, thanks for the info on the gear...

cheers
jim baker