Sunday, November 18, 2007

11.17.07 - rochester NY


Nate and I went up to visit our buddy Dave saturday in Rochester NY... we kicked it for a bit around his house and then he asked me "hey jim wanna go take some awesome pictures" I got really excited, because Dave is a really good artist and the locations didn't disapoint. He took us to these abandoned subway beds and he lost his shoe in the process. This is the only real solid shot I got of the location I wish I could have captured it in all of its BIGNESS but I couldn't.


Dave took us to some park and he had his skateboard in the car so I asked him to do a couple tricks so I could shoot... I officially HATE iso 800 I WILL not use it anymore.


what a rad location...


family.
Nate, Me and Dave.

We used to all bein a band together a few years ago called Lionweight...
haha you can listen to our stuff here
Back in the day Nate played bass and did background vocals.
I sang and played guitar.
And Dave played drums.

We all went different directions after the band broke up... you can check out our most recently recorded music projects below.

Nate's last recording is from a band named Kaeolyn.
He did the guitar and some vocals on these tracks but his band just went through a line up change and a stylistic change too so they don't sound as much like this anymore. I saw them play and took some pics of the new line up on Friday.

Dave used to be in this band Seric.
He played drums for this recording and is now pursuing some other projects.

I recorded some stuff last year and put it here
But I'm focusing on photography and sold most of my music equipment.

leave me some love, i'm going to catch up so sleep that I didn't get this weekend...
jim baker

4 comments:

hb said...

dude
i love the first one!

bonnie said...

I like that one too. I think your buddy's losin his pants. Couldn't that be an issue on a skateboard? Just high fashion I guess. Great geometrics in the shots.

Jim Baker said...

its all about location... thanks for the comments guys

hannah love said...

I looooove the 2nd and 3rd pictures.
amazing