Friday, November 23, 2007

11.23.07 - 만두

Yesterday was my birthday and since yesterday also happened to be thanksgiving we celebrated today. All I asked for this year from my parents was my favorite meal that I haven't had since I graduated high school. Mon doo and brown rice. Mon doo is a Korean dumpling and the brown rice is not an asian recipie at all. But i like them both so I asked for it.

만두 (mon doo) the way my mom makes them is won ton wrappers with shredded onion, zucchini, carrots and ground beef and then fried. What's in your mon doo?
(I keep using the korean characters for it because it makes me feel special... I don't know a lick of korean... (its a goal of mine to learn someday) but I asked a "real korean" friend to type the characters for me... haha)


this is brown rice, its just white rice with a can of french onion soup or something like that and then baked...


my plate of delicious goodness.


dad, mom and me!
jim baker

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Favorite food and spending time with your folks on your birthday? Perfect. Happy Birthday to you!

Jim Baker said...

thanks cheryl!

bonnie said...

Oh Jim, I'm sorry I missed this. I love the family photo. Happy Birthday.

Rachel Barker said...

happy happy birthday!!!!!!!

Jim Baker said...

thanks everyone!