Sunday, November 4, 2007

11.03.07 - Joy and Bryan Engagement shoot

i'm back from my hiatus... i actually got my computer back wicked fast sent it in on monday got it back on wednesday but was enjoying the break. no one did their homework. :(

this weekend found me in blacksburg VA... I got to kill a couple of birds with one stone... I got to do this engagement shoot with some friends from my high school youth group, I stayed with my best friend from high school Graham and his wife Niki (thank you guys for your hospitality) and got to spend some time with a kid from my church named Jeff who's now at VA Tech who also happens to be a photographer. (you probably didn't like being called a 'kid' did you? i felt really old walking around that college campus with you.)

the standard

i absolutley loved the lighting.

this whole shoot was sort of surreal because last time i was on VA Tech's campus I was doing engagement photos for the couple I stayed with this weekend in almost the same exact spots. I thought I had some pics on this blog from that shoot but I don't...

Joy and Bryan were so much fun to shoot because they just had great expressions throughout the whole shoot and you could tell they were enjoying being together.
(plus they covered my gas and bought me dinner!)
we ate at this awesome place called The Homeplace
thank you joy and bryan!

the ring

i love the expressions and the capture of motion in this shot.

and the group shot... its blurry... sorry.

their wedding is set for May 24th 2008. Please leave them messages of congrats in the comment section.

i love coming back from a break because you somehow conjur up some inspiration... i feel like this is one of my best shoots in a long time.
enjoy,
jim baker

p.s everyone should still do their homework and comment on the poset below...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy and CB!!!! what great shots!

JStanford said...

I don't mind it so much :D

and Homeplace, from what I hear, is absolutely amazing. Glad you got to go there!

Good shots too :)

bonnie said...

congratulations to the future wedders! Wonderful love shots. I can't see the ring :(
Sorry, I'm long outa school and I don't DO homework. But I am certain that my favorite pictures are of MY work. :)

Happyone said...

Congratulations to Joy and Bryan!
I never WAS very good about doing homework. :-)

Jim Baker said...

thanks for commenting guys :)