Saturday, September 8, 2007

09.08.07 - DC


7am on the metro... we're hardcore. why is morning light so delecious?!



i've lived in MD for 17 years and I think this is only like my 6th time to dc... lame jim lame.


pretty stock looking shots, but i enjoyed the morning light. i think dc is probably one of the most overshot places.


textures baby!


i definitely got told to stop shooting in the metro station by a security guard. theres no signs posted... i stopped and walked down another floor. i also got the metro to honk at me (which scared the CRAP out of me, i guess he thought i was to close... you can see how close i was in the pic, i seriously stood there shaking for the next few minutes) but i did get this shot out of it. :)

since i've been seeming to include some type of portrait of myself and whoever i'm shooting with... here ya go.

overall dc was a bit of a disapointment. the whitehouse is so far from the gate that you can't really see it. the washington monument is just a giant stick in the ground... this was my first time to the vietnam memorial, i expected it to be a lot bigger. When i start running out of ideas I'm going to start going back to places and getting some of the shots I think I could improve on.

heres two new links for you... Chris Hidey started a photography blog (he's the guy I shot with today) and Tim Lease started one too I shot with him last weekend.

i told you i'd make up for yesterdays lack of shooting... theres 6 pics for ya...

and no one commented on why i posted yesterdays pic. :(

pez
jim baker

3 comments:

hb said...

i think after living in maryland for 17 yrs as well (haha) i've finally grown to love and appreciate DC.
it's classier than NYC and a lot brighter and happier than philly. plus, you gotta visit other places besides the white house and monuments and stuff.
i love the dc life:)

JStanford said...

hey, I really like the photo in the DC metro.

I added your site as a link on mine :)
Hope all is well!

Jim Baker said...

we should all go to dc more often!

and we're not to far from NYC we should all go there too...

jeff, i need to link you to my site, i'm gonna do that right now.

jim baker