Sunday, May 20, 2007

[sunrise - 05.20.07 - virginia beach]

I was trying to redo my life guard tower sunrise pic from back in the day when I was still shooting film. (Does anyone remember that?) So I stayed up all night... (editing pics from the wedding) and got out there earllly... and when I was still shooting film I had a tripod... I didn't this morning so nothing turned out. I lost my tripod here last time I was here back in high school and just never got another one...

I don't think that photography is good for a 'normal' sleep schedule... that good lighting only comes 2 hours a day... Scott Kelby says either loose sleep or don't eat to get your shots... I think he's right. I rather work through the night to catch the sunrise than wake up and go back to sleep. I'm holding up alright for no sleep... I'm real sore though, I'm not sure if thats from the wedding yesterday... or from riding a bike to the end of the board walk or what... but when you shoot all day your contort your body in ways that aren't natural and constant squatting and standing back up... and your lifting a 5 lb peice of equipment over and over again all day... man i sound lame... i need to start working out I'm a wuss.

Anyway... you all are probably like... less talking and more pictures.

So here's the reason I stayed up all night... I'm not sure the photo was worth it... ewww in fact i just looked at it large, and it definitely wasn't worth it... no sleep gives you bad judgement... I need to go buy a tripod, eh at least I got to see the sunrise.