Tuesday, April 8, 2008

04.08.08 - whats uppppp

Hey everyone, I'm back. I shot today... I found these flowers on the street when I went for a walk. I'm gonna be streamlining my blogs and redoing my photography website this spring so I'll be sure to give you the new address. If you didn't know I got back from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago, I was doing a photography course. You can check out what I did there here.



580ex shot through an umbrella on a black hoodie


natural window light on a brown paper bag.

tripod, cable release, efs 60macro.

booyah,
jim baker

8 comments:

said...

BEEyootiful. as always! kinda reminds me of the 70's.
i love vegetarianism. sometimes i consider going vegetarian. dunno, i'd have to really be willing/wanting to.

beachgirl said...

welcome home Jim

I hope you enjoyed the class and Hawaii

TheoJunkie said...

WIIIINGS!!!

You really picked up a lot on that island... Pretty amazing. Is that LITERALLY shot through the umbrella? As in, using the weave as a filter? Or do you mean using the umbrella flash thing? You can 'splain me later.

Jim Baker said...

thanks for the comments everyone, its a nice welcome back.

gordita... theres no way i could go vegetarian... i love meat way to much,

beachgirl, thanks for the welcome home

theo, wings sound delish...

i'm talking about flash umbrellas, but you can shoot through them or you can shoot into them and reflect the light... hmmm hope that makes sense.

cheers
jim baker

beachgirl said...

Hi Jim,
I did have my show last month. Well received. I left for Cabo San Lucas 2 days later. Busy time. Great pictures. I loved Cabo.
What was your favorite part about Hawaii?

Jim Baker said...

favorite part of hawaii? living in community with like minded people... :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures. I can see the difference between your before and after pictures. Nice!

Daniel Chung said...

how duz be do it.... U r an artist love the flowers slot keep going and I must say I am still in love with ur nature shots all of them
-dan