Sunday, December 23, 2007

the shots that don't go in the portfolio from yesterday

I like blogging because I'm allowed to share photos on my B list.

to help show perspective


wanna hear my dirty little secret? I have a fascination with public bathrooms... I wish I could photograph them all. I think its just the simplicity of them and the symmetry and repetition. I was in there twice yesterday and chickened out the first time. But the second time I was about to shoot and a guy came in... so I waited around like I was checking my phone until he left then snapped this shot real fast. As I was walking out he was walking back in with his camera gear... haha.

"make this one gangsta..."
does this remind you of this?

I might throw this one in my portfolio... it doesn't really show the scale of this escalator but it was huge.

jim baker

4 comments:

chris.hidey said...

was that first one the back of the cathedral? I never went back that way

I like the escalator shot. The wide angle gives it a cool look I think

Jim Baker said...

chris...

thats the door we walked out of the first time when we went to lunch remember me complaining about the banners?

thanks for props on the escalator shot...

cheers
jim baker

Anonymous said...

Jim,

You are not alone in appreciating the balance, order, and (hopefully) cleanliness of commercial bathrooms. I like your placement in the mirror of the bathroom photo, good pose.

- Mike Shoemaker

Anonymous said...

I like this picture...but for some reason I can't express why.
-Randy Fulcher