Sunday, December 23, 2007

12.22.07 - National Cathedral

Chris Hidey and I went out to the National Cathedral yesterday. I hadn't been there since I was a child. I remember going with one of my second cousins or first cousins once removed... or however those cousins work... (it's really my mothers cousin, but she's about my sisters age) and she's the one that really got me into photography.

There's nothing really to show perspective in this shot... but if you haven't been you should go. It's a bit of a hike from the metro though.

Another exterior shot.

The beauty of the place is the indoors. Another beautiful thing about it is they actually allow you to use a tripod.

I used my remote for this shot with mirror lock up. It should be extremely TAC sharp.

"excuse me sir, finish taking your shot and then you need to leave this area its prohibited."
"thank you, I'm sorry."

a child looks out the observation deck of the 7th story.

I'll post some other stuff later from this trip...
leave me some love.
jim baker

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

Great pictures of the Cathedral. I was there back in the 60's with my High School band for a service. It was most impressive and just as majestic as now.

DigitalShutterMania said...

Hi,Jim

Your photos are always great.
Merry X-Mass and Happy New Year
Wishing You Happy and Prosperous New Year
My New Year card as follows: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/2129832682_0e014a30ca_o.jpg
Cheers
DSM

Jim Baker said...

thanks!