Wednesday, December 5, 2007

12.05.07 - b-more with a bit o snow

Hey everyone, thanks for the overwhelming response to ABC Wednesday, I'm really looking forward to U next wednesday.

On a side note, I went with my buddy Jon tonite to a local camera shop, he was looking for a camera bag for his upcoming trip to Germany. I sold him on the lowepro slingshot bag, he bought it. I knew it was a popular bag and pretty functional so I suggested it and he ate it up. I'm kinda considering it now... I dunno. I need to think it through some more. It sure is a lot cheaper than the shootsac. I'll leave the comparrison to a different post.

I also held the G9 tonite at the camera store. Its way to bulky. Back to the drawing board for a point and shoot. I'll leave that for another post too. I'm glad I'm learning these things now.

If you have no clue what these comments are in reference to its just me rambling about some changes to the wishlist I posted a few posts ago. I'm headed out to a School of Photography with YWAM in Hawaii in Jan so that should help explain things. I was just trying to compile a list of things I'd like.

Anyway as promised Chris Hidey and I went out and shot tonite. Here's two of my favs.

Through the snow covered palms.
(I thought it created a great natural frame and also was such a contrast, when I think of palm leaves I think of warm weather, not snow.)

and my fav from the night. I'm real proud of this shot. :)

Chris also invited me to come out to NYC with him for a photography weekend the weekend before Christmas... I'm seriously considering it. I think that'd be a great way to close out 2007 what do you say?

I hope we at least have a delay from work tomorrow because of this snow...

jim baker

6 comments:

DigitalShutterMania said...

Jim, I really love the second shot which I call the port. These photos were taken by G9, weren't there? The photo quality is awesome.

Cheers,
DSM

Jim Baker said...

hey DSM... thanks for stopping by. Nope its not the G9, i was looking at the G9 as a possible point and shoot but I've decided its way to big.

I'm using the Canon 20d and I had a 10-22lens for this shot.

cheers
jim baker

Anonymous said...

oh man... the ship shot is phenomenal... i think it might be your best shot ever. seriously.

JStanford said...

SWEET photo. Very nice

I like my little camera bag, but it certainly wouldn't fit your stuff...and I'll need a new one once I buy something else, like a flash..or maybe a simple 35mm lens.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures, both of them.

Jim Baker said...

thanks everyone!

jeff shoot me an e-mail and lets talk gear... i love talking gear... haha

jim baker