Tuesday, November 13, 2007

11.13.07 - whats in your wallet?!

Hey everyone... I'm back. :)
Not sure why I was in a funk, but I don't feel like I'm in a funk anymore... I got out today, washed and waxed my whip and had a good time doing it. It felt real good to hear the click of my tripod as I set it up tonite to shoot. I've been thinking about doing this shoot for a while, nothing amazing when it comes to photography but... it should be fun... plus I'm making it a game of tag.

When I conceptualized doing this a while ago I thought it would be fun to go up to strangers, ask them to empty their pockets shoot what they had on them and then do a headshot. I think what people carry with them could be very telling or maybe not, just surprising.

The rules? Empty your pockets (or purse) onto a table, and take a picture of everything you carry with you every day. If there's a story behind certain things where you need to be more specific take another picture and tell us. I'll list who I'm tagging (a long list) at the end of the post. Comment back on THIS POST when you're done with a link to you're post and tag others.


So this is what I carry every day and the story behind it...

my keys (explained in detail below)
I carry these hooked on my belt loop and sitting in my right back pocket

my wallet (contents explained below)
I carry this in my right front pocket (I got used to doing this when I was traveling a lot, plus I sit a lot so its just become its new home)

a lens cleaning cloth - carried in my left front pocket, I use this for my glasses, i am constantly smudging them, especially when I do photography, I also use it on my computer screen, people touching my computer screen is a PET PEEVE of mine, editing photography with fingerprints on my screen is nearly impossible, and I occasionally clean my photography gear with it too)

a tube of burts bees
- carried in that change pocket in the right front pocket (the best chapstick ever, this is more of an addiction than anything else, to be honest whenever I am looking at photography or editing portraits I always smooth peoples lips in post... i can't stand dry cracked lips)

and my nokia 6126 - I used to have a belt clip for this but it broke a week into using it, so now it goes in one of my front pockets, I got this phone new this year when I decided I didn't really NEED the apple iphone...
(i think this is the first time I've ever used left align on my blog)


my keys
(from left to right)

my office key
my house key
file cabinet key at work
a friends house key
(they have since changed the locks, (not because of me) so I don't know why i have this key, I used to be over there all the time but not so much anymore, they are the people that I hung out with today though and had a good time)
a carabineer
(an excellent story behind this... this was a gift from a friend and these were given to everyone involved in a senior prank of some people that rappelled off the third floor of the school into the atrium, I'm not sure why I have one though, I wasn't involved... or I was the only one that didn't get caught...)
and my car key


the contents of my wallet
(carefully displayed to NOT show any credit card numbers... and a little shameless plug)
(from left to right)

Chase Amazon Credit Card
(anything I buy online comes from amazon)
Bank of America Platinum Plus World Points Credit Card
ATM Bank card
A wallet card from my mom :)
Two dental insurance cards
Vision insurance card
Drivers Liscense
Rewards Card for the Mens Warehouse
(cause I'm to short and have to have all of my pants altered)
Triple AAA Membership Card
Blockbuster Card
Kohls Charge Card
17 www.jimbakerphotography.com business cards
(makes my wallet look thick but it's not because I'm carrying a lot of cash, if you noticed I'm carrying NO cash)
two checks that i need to put in the bank (went today but the bank was crowded)
a spare car key
(saved me quite a few times)
a receipt from lunch


TAG YOU'RE IT!!!
(in no particular order, if you haven't updated your blog in forever (TIM LEASE!!!) or I tagged you and you didn't play last time I'm not tagging you again no offense, but if I didn't tag you and you want to play please play!)

Bonnie
(thanks for the encouraging e-mail today, this post is dedicated to you!)
Happy One
Cheryl
Jeff Stanford
Rachel Barker
Chris Hidey
(I should punch you in the face, how long have you had that new camera and not a single new post since last month?!)
Sam Ou
Hannah Bee
Saarrraaaaa
(is there a correct number and order of letters when I write you're name?)
EJ
(does anyone else call you that? i like it...)
David Park
Hannah Love
Clara
BeachGirl

have FUN!
jim baker

8 comments:

bonnie said...

You are such a blog geek. gotta love my geeks. be happy. I'll play

Jim Baker said...

hey... i'm posting aren't i? :)

JStanford said...

w00t

beachgirl said...

Hi Jim,
I'll play. But I do change my belongings around. It depends on where I'm going and if I'm in my car or on my motorcycle.
On the bike my purse is my camera bag. Go figure.

Glad your back.

Cheryl said...

Great idea Jim. I carry a light purse compared to some, but nothing's lighter than no purse.

Welcome back!

Happyone said...

You tagged, I played. :-)

hb said...

awww i loved this post! and i'm glad you finally updated! sheesh!
the shots of your keys is really nice.

Jim Baker said...

thanks for playing!