Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've been tagged...

My brain isn't really functioning well tonite so trying to explain this to you probably won't make a ton of sense. I don't ussualy do these 'online games' but this one actually looks kind of fun and it involves photography so i'm down.

This game of tag was started by Mark Wearsch (whom I don't know) and is based on his blog called "innapropriate happiness" (i tottaly laughed out loud at his church story cause I vivdly remember getting that dirty look from my mother growing up in church) and he tagged Rachel Barker (i've added her link to the right) who is an amazing photographer from Ohio. She has been answering a ton of my questions and been extreemly helpful to me... then Rachel tagged me. You can check out how this got to me here.

are you lost? yeah me too... just enjoy the pics and the stories behind them and go click on the links above...



seemingly innocent enough, this was the worship team (mark, me, daiga, ieva) I led this summer to Comitan Mexico... we were working at a korean run education center. we're sitting on the roof eating lots of junk food.

story behind it? well... the students live there full time and no one is allowed on the roof, not even us, and i went up there one night once all the students were in bed and i caught two girls up there eating chips on the corner of the roof, and when i found them they were really scared and they giggled and offered me some chips, i sent them to their rooms but realized that looked like a good time. So the next day I whispered in the ear of each of my team members 'meet me on the roof in 5 minutes and bring what you have.'
Thus the junk food rooftop rendevous. A mexico summer staple.


ahhh markkk... mark is the definition of 'innapropriate happiness' thats why he travels everywhere with me. i love this guy. the picture on the left... spiderman on the mayan ruins... we got CHEWED out for this one by our tour guide... the one on the right... Mark crawling out of a kid play house in a pizza place in mexico...



i like to dabble in the innapropriate also... to the left... this is me peeing off the great wall of china in 2004 (if you look i have the biggest grin on my face) and to the right 'cussin' under the 'no cussin' sign in virginia beach. :)

TAGGGG YOU'RE IT!
(just tagging the regulars that comment on my blog and have blogs)

The rules? Post on your blog pictures of 'innapropriate happines' and captions explaining it. Comment on this post to let me know you did it and then tag someone else! (Oh come on it'll be fun.) This is a nice chance for others to see your human side. :)

AGATE ZALITE

CHRIS BISCHOFF

CHRIS HIDEY

ELIJAH KU

HANNAH BROGI

JEFF STANFORD

KLAVS LIEPINS

LYDIA BISCHOFF

SARAH Y

TIM LEASE

WAYLAN BRAM

9 comments:

Rachel Barker said...

yay! so much fun!

These are hilarious and just great. Thanks for playing along in our inappropriateness.

:o)

hb said...

ahahahaha, this post made me SO happy!
first of all, i had no idea we weren't allowed on the roof...sarah and i used to hang our clothes up there...but i guess the teachers never found out! hahaaa.
your team is so cute! i love you all!
i loved this post! A+!

hb said...

ahahaha, and i love the one of mark aka spiderman on the mayan temple! that lady was sceeery!

Jim Baker said...

you were allowed up there ONLY to do laundry... no one was suppose to be hanging out up there... your turn to post hannah... doo ittt

JStanford said...

I laughed at these. I guess I now have to go have some inappropriate fun and photograph it...hmmm...

Jim Baker said...

yesssss... i'm glad you laughed bro... :) go make others laugh!

Jim Baker said...

yessssss! thanks for commenting hannah and participating, i love your post.

Sarah said...

i finnally posted mine!

Jim Baker said...

excellente... gracias!