Thursday, September 20, 2007

09.20.07 - my view


a lil view of what my life looks like at work... this is what i see most of the day... haha, my blogs up on my computer... i've decided that interior photography must be pretty hard to do. these flourescent lights give me a headache, litterally and figuratively when we're talking about lighting. and the other quick snaps i took there were just a lot of distracting things like wires.

i think that there are some things i'm learning about photography, its much easier to start with an attractive subject to begin with, then do the attractive subject justice with proper exposure, composition and make sure its tac sharp, and then a little bit of post will make it pop. but skip any of these steps and you really can't rely on your post work to make up for any of it.

photography has seemed to be my escape latley. i feel like shooting everyday i'm training my eye to see even more, i sometimes get frustrated though because a camera will never see like your eye does, even my ULTRA wide angle lens that i used for this shot doesn't show what i really see.

::sigh:: i should probably be working huh?
jim baker

2 comments:

hb said...

that's what frustrates me the most about cameras... is it'll never be able to show what's REALLY there. or at least what i'm seeing. but then again, it's able to capture at least some of it and remind you when you forget!

Jim Baker said...

i guess the human eye is complex that it can't be duplicated. i'm okay with that.

its just hard when you see a shot, you stop your car, you put your gear together and put the camera to your face and you don't see anything thats worth taking and you leave without shooting.